Adding Donated Equipment to Inventory
If you receive inventorial equipment as a gift, it must be accepted by External Affairs Gift Services for processing before it can be added to UCLA’s inventory.
Steps to Take
- Obtain and complete a Regents Gift Transmittal Form package from the External Affairs Gift Services department. This form includes documentation about the gift and the donor.
- Submit the completed form to Gift Services as a gift-in-kind.
- Gift Services will process the request and accept or reject the gift.
- If Gift Services accepts the gift, it will route the package to the Equipment Management department to process and create an asset tag for the gift.
- Equipment Management will send you a document called a mailer, which includes the gift transmittal documentation, the donor’s documentation and asset tags. Follow the instructions on the mailer.
- Affix the property tags to the front of the equipment.
- Confirm that the equipment has been added to your inventory by checking the Asset Management System (AMS).